Five Pillars of Islam
1st Pillar (b)
Articles of Faith
There are six basic components of Faith(Shahadah). Muslims must believe in all of the six components of Faith(Shahadah).
Anyone who does not believe in any of the fundamental components of Faith(Shahadah) cannot be a Muslim.
- Belief in the Oneness of God including all His Attributes(Sifat).
- Belief in all Books of God, and belief that the Qur-an is His last Book sent for the guidance of mankind.
- Belief in all Messengers (Rusul) of God, with a belief that Muhammad (Peace be upon him) was His last Messenger (Rasul).
- Belief in Destiny(Qadr).
- Belief in Angels(Mala”ikah).
- Belief in Life after Death (Akhirah).
These components of basic Islamic faith come as a package, and these have to be accepted in entirity; one cannot pick and choose from them.