are required to offer prayers five times every day:
- Morning Prayers (Fajr Salah): Offered
- Early Afternoon Prayers (Zuhr Salah): Offered after high-noon in the early afternoon.
- Late Afternoon Prayers (‘Asr Salah): Offered in the late afternoon when the
sun is still yellow.
- Sunset Prayers (Maghrib Salah): Offered just after sunset.
- Night Prayers (‘Isha” Salah):
Offered one and a half hours after Maghrib
Prayers till midnight.
must try to offer their prayers in a group in a mosque, but they can be offered
anywhere if one cannot reach a mosque for any genuine reason. There is no clergy
in Islam and any practicing Muslim, who has knowledge of Islam,
can lead the group prayers.
stand shoulder to shoulder with each other while offering prayers, irrespective
of their social status. It presents a unique picture of brotherhood and solidarity.
are two prerequisites for offering prayers:
- Purification (Taharah): A clean body,
a set of clean clothes and a mind with clean thoughts.
- Ablution (Wudu): Washing the hands, rinsing
the mouth, cleaning the nose, washing the face, arms and feet in the prescribed