Phases and Stages of the
The Muhammadan Call could be divided into two phases
- The Makkan phase: nearly thirteen years.
- The Madinese phase: fully ten years.
Each of the two phases included distinctive features
easily discernible through accurate scrutiny into the circumstances
that characterized each of them.
The Makkan phase can be divided into three
- The stage of the secret Call: three years.
- The stage of the proclamation of the Call in
Makkah: from the beginning of the fourth year of Prophethood to
almost the end of the tenth year.
- The stage of the call to Islam and propagating it
beyond Makkah: it lasted from the end of tenth year of the
Prophethood until Muhammadís [pbuh] emigration to Madinah.
The Madinese phase will be considered
later in its due course.