are six fundamental beliefs in Islam. In order to be a Muslim one has to
believe in all of them:
- Believing in the One and Only God, the
Sole Creator and Sustainer of the universe, and also believing in all of His attributes.
- Believing in all Messengers of God i.e.
Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus (Peace be upon them)
to name a few; and believing that Muhammad (Peace be upon
him) was the last Messenger of God.
- Believing in all Divine Books like the
Psalms, the Torah, the Bible and the Qur-an; and believing that God sent
the Qur-an as His last Message of Guidance when His previous Messages were
- Believing in the Angels of God, like Gabriel
and Michael etc.
- Believing in the Day of Judgment when
all humans will be judged by God and will be rewarded or punished according to
their deeds in this world. And believing in an eternal Life after Death.
- Believing in Destiny, meaning that God
has complete knowledge of everything that has to happen anywhere in the universe
and has absolute control over everything that has to happen.